Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Six Days Down, Sixteen To Go

Well, the MLIS7505 class is going better than expected. Dr. Yang is responsive and helpful. While there is a lot of work it is manageable if one stays on top of it. First session saw the class create twitter accounts, establish blogs, and outline designs for library-centric wikis. In addition, classmates formulated questions and answers for one another and shared ideas in a wide-ranging and thoughtful exchange prompted by various social media journal readings.

All in all I dare say the beginning of this Maymester class has been fun. It is all a matter of putting in time each day, doing the readings, and keeping up. Next section hints at using Joomla which I have not used and understand drives students in this course crazy. So, I'm enjoying this week and getting geared up for what is coming.

Sixteen days to go.

5 comments:

  1. John,

    It's kind of an adrenaline rush, isn't it. I've taken a few undergraduate Maymester classes, but this is the first time I've taken the plunge on the grad level. We just have to keep our heads above water for the next fifteen and a half days (but who's counting?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey John,

    Yeah, I'm really liking it so far. I think I'd prefer all my classes like this. A lot of work, but the calendar isn't nearly as intimidating. Best of luck, good sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, you guys are nuts. The class is interesting and I like that it's hands on with having us do the blogs and create a Twitter and whatever else may lie ahead but I'm on a serious count down until this is over. Btw, nice looking blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely with you on the serious countdown. As for the look of the blog. I did nothing but grab a template. Even though my blog name translates to "And then the mist" I had NO IDEA my template actually had a kind of misty background until day 2 of class. Then I yelled to the wife "Hey, it looks like I did it on purpose!" :) I was completely blind to the thing other than my empty blog post fields. But I'll take it.

      Delete
  4. Keeping our heads above water is about right! I feel like I get things turned in just in the nick of time, for once, not due to procrastination : ) I do like how involved the course has been so far, with lots of student interaction and ongoing social media projects. I haven't looked at assignment 2 yet, and it's scary not knowing!

    ReplyDelete