Thursday, May 14, 2015

hello...

Hi everyone...anyone?

My name is John Willard. I am in my second semester in the MLIS program at Valdosta State University. I have worked for the Cobb County Public Library System for 13 years with 10 of those years in a managerial capacity in the Technical Operations unit. I have experience in many areas of library service, including circulation, reference work, customer service and material processing, as well as computer and IT support. However, I remain embarrassingly incurious about much regarding Web 2.0 technologies. This stems mostly from being a bit of an introvert or seldom having anything interesting or intriguing to share. Outside of Facebook and a brief foray into Twitter there is a great deal that I must learn to be an effective librarian in this quickly evolving 2.0 environment. I definitely see the value of Web 2.0 implementation to librarianship and am excited to expand my horizon(s) in this area through Valdosta State and 7505. I just hope I didn't get in over my head.

Best of luck everyone. And please excuse the mess around here. This blog will be under constant construction.

All the best! - john

2 comments:

  1. Hi John. I think I'm right with you in getting over my head with all of this technology stuff. The only social media experience I have is a Twitter account I haven't used in four years and my library's Facebook page, which I update a few times a week. This is completely new territory for me. Good luck with your blogging and tweeting this Maymester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, Melissa. Hey, having ownership of the company Facebook page is no small thing. That's a big deal in fact. This class should be right up your alley! Buona fortuna to you too.

      Delete